You want to build your career in computer programming and looking for most popular coding languages in 2021. Now, many IT jobs require a solid knowledge of the topmost programming languages. The first question in your mind is with which programming you should start first.
This article helps you to categories the most popular coding languages based on different criteria. Now a day, Programming Language is the base for almost every jobs like Web Development, Machine Learning, Data Science, or any other.
Whether you want to develop a mobile application, get certification for programming knowledge, or learn new skills, you need to learn the right programming language. Below you’ll learn about most popular programming languages that will be in demand among employers in 2021.
Most popular coding languages in 2021 based on popularity.
Python is a popular programming language. It was created by Guido van Rossum, and released in 1991.
It is used for:
- web development (server-side),
- software development,
- system scripting.
What can Python do?
- Python can be used on a server to create web applications.
- Python can be used alongside software to create workflows.
- Python can connect to database systems. It can also read and modify files.
- Python can be used to handle big data and perform complex mathematics.
- Python can be used for rapid prototyping, or for production-ready software development.
- Python works on different platforms (Windows, Mac, Linux, Raspberry Pi, etc).
- Python has a simple syntax similar to the English language.
- Python has syntax that allows developers to write programs with fewer lines than some other programming languages.
- Python runs on an interpreter system, meaning that code can be executed as soon as it is written. This means that prototyping can be very quick.
- Python can be treated in a procedural way, an object-oriented way or a functional way.
Java is a popular programming language, created in 1995.
It is owned by Oracle, and more than 3 billion devices run Java.
It is used for:
- Mobile applications (specially Android apps)
- Desktop applications
- Web applications
- Web servers and application servers
- Database connection
- And much, much more!
Why Use Java?
- Java works on different platforms (Windows, Mac, Linux, Raspberry Pi, etc.)
- It is one of the most popular programming language in the world
- It is easy to learn and simple to use
- It is open-source and free
- It is secure, fast and powerful
- It has a huge community support (tens of millions of developers)
- Java is an object oriented language which gives a clear structure to programs and allows code to be reused, lowering development costs
- As Java is close to C++ and C#, it makes it easy for programmers to switch to Java or vice versa
- HTML to define the content of web pages
- CSS to specify the layout of web pages
|Object-oriented. No distinction between types of objects. Inheritance is through the prototype mechanism, and properties and methods can be added to any object dynamically.||Class-based. Objects are divided into classes and instances with all inheritance through the class hierarchy. Classes and instances cannot have properties or methods added dynamically.|
|Variable data types are not declared (dynamic typing, loosely typed).||Variable data types must be declared (static typing, strongly typed).|
|Cannot automatically write to hard disk.||Can automatically write to hard disk.|
- C++ is a cross-platform language that can be used to create high-performance applications.
- C++ was developed by Bjarne Stroustrup, as an extension to the C language.
- C++ gives programmers a high level of control over system resources and memory.
- The language was updated 3 major times in 2011, 2014, and 2017 to C++11, C++14, and C++17.
Why Use C++
- C++ is one of the world’s most popular programming languages.
- C++ can be found in today’s operating systems, Graphical User Interfaces, and embedded systems.
- C++ is an object-oriented programming language which gives a clear structure to programs and allows code to be reused, lowering development costs.
- C++ is portable and can be used to develop applications that can be adapted to multiple platforms.
- C++ is fun and easy to learn!
- As C++ is close to C# and Java, it makes it easy for programmers to switch to C++ or vice versa
Swift is a general-purpose, multi-paradigm, object-oriented, functional, imperative and block structured language. It is the brand new programming language for iOS application, macOS application, watchOS application, tvOS application. Soon it became one of top 5 programming language and gained popularity among Apple developer community over the few years of time replacing the old school Objective C.
Why Use Swift
- Swift is open sourced and easy to learn.
- Swift is fast, safe and expressive.
- Swift is approachable and familiar ( C and C++ code can be added by Swift programmers into Swift applications.)
- Swift is the future of Apple development.
- Swift is enterprise ready.